How green are we?
Protel Communications Ltd is committed to continuing to reduce our carbon footprint. Data on gas, electricity, car mileage etc are regularly logged and monitored. Staff are encouraged to cycle/walk to work where possible.
The following guidelines have been put together to ensure the effective use of company resources and minimisation of waste, and implements a recycling policy that is user friendly company wide.
Paper used by the printer that is discarded must be re-used whenever possible for internal memos, fax etc. Where this cannot be done, it must be placed in the brown recycling bins, located under each desk. These brown bins are also used for other materials as detailed below. Recyclable waste is collected on a monthly basis by Elm Tree Recycling.
Materials that the company uses daily, suitable for recycling purposes are as follows:
- Paper (no staples)
- Paper ream wrapping
- Used/read faxes
- Junk mail
At all times members of staff must endeavour to work towards more environmentally sound surroundings. This can be contributed towards, by doing the following:
- Recycling all products as above
- Turning off lights when not in use
- Turning off printers/photocopiers when leaving the office
- Ensuring taps are fully turned off after use
- Limited and more effective use of stationery resources
- Reusing jiffy bags where appropriate
- A right first time approach to printing and photocopying
- Making every effort to ensure recyclable materials are put in brown bins
Protel Communications continually examines and monitors its resources with a view to continually becoming more environmentally friendly.
Tea and coffee are Fair trade, CFC cleaning products are used whenever possible, bin bags and liners are bio- degradable, tissue paper is recycled.
We shall continue to endeavour to work with suppliers who adhere to its own environmental policy designed to maximise resources, minimise waste and to treat/handle waste in an environmentally sound manner.